This is our chance to let you know about Foreshore Technology, what we do and why.
The problem we solve
We have worked in the dredging industry for a long time, over 20 years. In that time we have worked with quite a few dredge monitoring systems all over the world. The dredge monitoring systems out there can work, but you often need to spend too much time and effort understanding them. In some cases you need the cost of a full time employee just looking after and managing these systems.
What we we really wanted was a system for the dredging operators on board the vessel, simple to learn and use but at the same time powerful and precise.
How we solved it
We assembled a team of engineers, all experts in their fields, and created DredgeMaster a dredge monitoring system for the dredging operators. These are the requirements we set:
- The system should be as precise as possible.
- The software should be simple, you shouldn't need to be computer savvy in order to use it.
- The operator should be able to play with the settings without 'breaking' the configuration.
- It should be easy to add support for new equipment and to add new features if you want them.
- It should be easy to report on the work thats been done without causing more work for the operator.
- The software should be stable, fast and able to handle anything that is thrown at it.
- You should be able to connect to the system via the internet and prepare projects off line.
What we do now
We install the DredgeMaster range of products all over the world helping our customers to be more efficient and productive. Our customers are amazed at how easy the system is to use and the information it provides. Just ask them! Most of our work comes from word of mouth, from companies who have seen the system being used in real time and seen the benefits it has brought.
Having seen how well DredgeMaster works, our customers often ask us to create bespoke software and systems for other parts of their dredging operations. With our team of experienced software, system and maritime engineers we have all of the skills and expertise necessary to be able to do this on time and on budget.
Above all, we help you concentrate on dredging.